KAYO’s nerf opened up a ton of alternative flash opportunities.
Before KAYO’s nerf in Patch 5.07, players have been playing the humanoid robot less like an Initiator that paves the way for his teammates and more like a duelist who seeks out 1v1 duels around the map. You can’t blame players for doing this, though, as KAYO’s flash is the closest thing to a CSGO flash in VALORANT – something many CSGO-turned-VALORANT players will be very familiar with.
Patch 5.07 completely nerfed KAYO’s underhand pop flash, making it less useful for 1v1 duels. However, it didn’t take long before players started using KAYO’s flash in an arguably more potent way in-game.
We have taken the time to compile some of the best KAYO left-click pop flashes in VALORANT, so you can flash for your teammates when attacking or defending on Ascent.
KAYO Flash Lineups for A-site
If you’re planning to attack Ascent’s A-site, your team will most likely take the A-Main entrance or risk middle control and take the A-Tree lane towards the A-site. Most of the time, your team will want to split between these two lanes to overwhelm the A-site defenders with your team’s multiple angles of attack.
However, you will be better off playing A-Main as some of KAYO’s most powerful left-click pop flashes can easily be lined up from A-Lobby.
A-Main Pop Flash (Attacking)
- Align yourself along the edge of this wall in A-Lobby:
2. Turn towards A-Main and aim for the edge of this roof:
A-Entry Pop Flash (Attacking)
- Align yourself with this small indent on the wall:
2. Aim for the bottom right corner of this dark brick on the opposite wall:
3. Left-click-throw KAYO’s flash:
The flashbang will bounce off the wall and pop shortly. You can start pushing as soon as you throw the flash grenade. This should blind defenders actively holding the A-Main angle. If you time it right, the flash grenade will completely blind the opposing team, while you only get blinded slightly.
KAYO Flash Lineups for Middle
Middle on Ascent is a great lane to play as KAYO as well. From here, you can easily spot players with your EMP knife or set up a pop flash for A-Tiles when attacking or defending.
Middle Tiles Pop Flash (Defending)
- Stand in this corner in the middle barrier before the round starts:
2. Aim along the top part of the middle tiles wall:
3. As soon as the barrier drops, run forward a split second, then throw the flash grenade:
The flash grenade should pop almost instantly after landing. You and your teammates can use this pop flash to aggressively push the middle tiles area.
Middle Tiles Pop Flash (Attacking)
- Align yourself with the edge of this wall if Mid Link:
2. Aim for the bend on the cable on the wall:
3. Left-click-throw KAYO’s flashbang:
KAYO Flash Lineups for B-site
KAYO’s left-click flash is powerful on Ascent’s B-Main when attacking. You can use the lineups below to flash any Defender holding B-Main or catch rushing attackers off guard with a sneaky pop flash from B-Market.
B-Main Pop Flash (Attacking)
- Stand in this corner at the B-Main entrance:
2. Aim for the upper left corner of this frame on the wall:
3. Left-click-throw KAYO’s flash grenade:
B-Main Pop Flash (Defending)
- Align yourself with this column on the B-Market entrance:
2. Turn towards B-Main. Aim a little past the tip of the roof:
This flash lineup is best used when you have a teammate ready to peek out into B-Main.
Pop Goes the Flash
Riot Games always envisioned KAYO as a team player, as evidenced by the nerfs that the devs slapped on KAYO back in Patch 5.07. KAYO’s nerfed right-click pop flash means KAYO mains can no longer effectively fight 1v1 against duelists, but the improved duration for his left-click flash has turned him into a powerful support flasher.
The flash lineups featured in this guide will work best when you can communicate with your teammates and work with them when clearing sites around Ascent. Coordinate with your team and raid Ascent with the flash lineups above.