They weren’t joking when they said the next Major update would be a big one.
The last update that Diablo Immortal received was from early March, when Blizzard gave players a heads-up saying they won’t be releasing another update until the Major Update arrived at the end of the month.
That Major Update is here now, and Blizzard appropriately calls it the Age of Falling Towers, alluding to an exciting new clan-based feature they have added to the game.
Blizzard has added quite a number of new content as well, such as a new Dungeon, a brand-new Quest, and a long list of updates to game features.
We have outlined everything you need to know about the Age of Falling Towers Update in Diablo Immortal in this guide.
All The New Features
New for this update is the Accursed Towers Clan-based game mode, where Clans attempt to claim control of towers and defend them from the forces of Hell and other Clans. This new game mode follows a seasonal cycle, which means players can only keep the towers (up to two at a time) they gain control of for a single season, after which tower ownership will be reset, and the cycle starts anew.
- Towers will be unclaimed at the start of the season.
- Clan leaders can select unclaimed towers at the start of the season and start a PvE match with Clan members to gain control of the Tower.
- Clans can only control 1 Tower on the first week of the season.
- Clans collect Cursed Shards dropped by demons in a specific Tower. The Clan that gets the most Cursed Shards will win control of the Tower.
- Clans must defend their Towers from Hell’s minions. Failing to do so will result in other Clans gaining control of the Tower.
- Clans can upgrade their Towers to ward off Hell’s minions, but this comes at the cost of allowing other Clans to challenge the Clan for control through PvP.
- Clans can gain control of a second tower in the second week of the season.
Cursed Items are new Legendary Items that come with Positive and Negative Properties. Cursed Item Mechanics are simple:
- You must equip at least two Cursed Items with the same Positive Property to activate their Positive Property Effects. However, doing so will also activate each Cursed Item’s Negative Property.
- Cursed Item Property effects will not activate if you do not equip at least two items with the same Positive Property.
- Positive: Using Dash Skills can increase Primary Attack by 30% for 7 seconds.
- Negative: Reduces Armor by 2.
- Positive: Using Dash Skills can increase Primary Attack by 30% for 7 seconds.
- Negative: Increases all Skill cooldowns by 2 seconds.
As you can see from the Helmet and Shoulders above, both share the same Positive Effects but have differing Negative Effects. In this case, you will get the Positive Effect of both plus each Negative Effect found in both items. The end result:
- You can increase Primary Attack by 30% for 7 seconds when using Dash Skills, have Reduced Armor, and Increased Skill Cooldowns.
New Dungeon and Quests
A new Dungeon that pushes the Diablo Immortal story forward has also been added in the Major Update.
Dread Reaver is a Hell V-exclusive Dungeon that takes place aboard a legendary ship. As such, expect to find sea monsters and other types of enemies in the Dungeon. The Dungeon boss? The Ship’s Commander himself.
New Legendary Gem and Set Items
Three new Legendary Gems have arrived to give players even more options when building their characters in Diablo Immortal. Below are the Legendary Gems and their respective Rank-10 effects:
- Lo’s focused Gaze (One-Star Gem): Increases damage done by your Charge skills by 20%. Charging speed is increased by 32%.
- Pain Clasp (Two-Star Gem): Increases damage dealt by 24% to enemies suffering from a continuous damage effect. When an enemy suffering from continuous damage is within 10 yards, your Movement Speed is increased by 6%.
- Gloom Cask (Five-Star Gem): Your Primary Attack unleashes an Aspect of Gloom for 6 seconds, during which time your Primary Attack will trigger gloom blades that deal 68% base damage +275. Enemies hit by the gloom blades take 24% increased damage from your Primary Attacks for 3 seconds. It cannot occur more often than once every 20 seconds.
Alongside the new Legendary Gems, new DoT-focused Set Items called the Banquet of Eyes have also been added. However, the Set Items only drop from select Dungeons on Hell V and above.
Set Item Pieces and drop locations:
- Billious Bandlet (Ring): Dread Reaver
- Cavern’s Regard (Belt): Forgotten Tower
- Hex Walkers (Feet): Mad King’s Breach
- Seeping Bandlet: (Ring): Dread Reaver
- Spurned Charity (Amulet): Kiluras Rapids
- Teargrip (Hands)Tomb of Fahir
Set Item Bonuses:
- Banquet of Eyes (2-Piece Bonus): Damage dealt to enemies suffering from your damage over time effects increased by 15%.
- Banquet of Eyes (4-Piece Bonus): Your Critical Hit Chance is increased by 2.5%, up to 25%, for every damage over time effect you inflict upon nearby enemies.
- Banquet of Eyes (6-Piece Bonus): When you apply a damage over time effect to an enemy, you enter Poison Rage for 12 seconds, during which your damage will corrode enemies, dealing damage over 3 seconds. Cannot enter Poison Rage more often than once every 40 seconds.
New Limited-Time Events
Two new Limited-Time events have been added in the Major Update – Ashes of Antiquity and Recall a Friend.
Ashes of Antiquity in a nutshell:
- Ashes of Antiquity runs from March 30, 3 a.m. to April 20, 2:59 a.m. server time.
- Players Level 30 and above can participate in the event.
- Players can get rewards by completing a specific number of tasks:
- 3 tasks: 1 Random Legendary Item
- 6 tasks: 1 Telluric Pearl
- 11 tasks: 1 Legendary Crest
Recall a Friend in a nutshell:
- A Limited-Time event that incentivizes players that have not played for at least 14 days and are Level 20 or higher.
- The recalling player gets 10 Recruitment Points after completing the following tasks:
- Send an invite using the in-game invitation system: 10 Recruitment Points
- Recall 1 player: 10 Recruitment Points
- Recall 1 player, and the recalled player gains 40 Levels: 10 Recruitment Points
- Recall 2 players, and the recalled players gain 40 Levels: 10 Recruitment Points
- Recall 3 players, and the recalled players gain 40 Levels: 10 Recruitment Points
- Recruitment Points can be used to claim the following rewards:
- 10 Recruitment Points: 2 Beguilling Dust, 30 Scrap, and 5000 Gold
- 20 Recruitment Points: 6 Rare Crests and 6 Normal Gems
- 30 Recruitment Points: 1 Legendary Crest, 3 Rare Crests, and 6 Normal Gems
- 40 Recruitment Points: 1 Legendary Crest, 3 Rare Crests, and 6 Normal Gems
- 50 Recruitment Points: 3 Legendary Crests and 9 Rare Crests
- Recalled players will also get the following rewards:
- Input a friend’s code or accept their invitation: 15 Beguiling Dust, 200 Scrap Material, 30,000 Gold
- Reach Level 40: 3 Rare Crests, 15 Beguiling Dust, 200 Scrap Material, 30,000 Gold.
- Recall a Friend ends on April 27, 3:00 a.m. server time. Players can continue trying to reach Level 40 until May 25 to claim rewards.
Blizzard went ham with the Feature Updates for Age of Falling Towers. There’s the Activity Rewards increase, Battle Ground and Rite of Exile balance changes, Shadow War Time Change, and more.
- Rite of Exile now gives out random items, including a guaranteed Legendary and Set Item alongside Hilts and Scrap Materials.
- Raid the Vault will reward items of random rarity, experience, and Gold from killing monsters in the Vault.
- Shadow War gives out increased XP and a guaranteed, random Legendary Item.
- Defend the Vault will reward Hilts, XP, Gold, and Scrap Materials for every successful defense.
- Immortal Age of Advancement Chests now gives out Hilts, random items, and Gold.
- Heavy Ornate Chests will reward Monstrous Essence.
- Main Quests will give out more XP.
- Exploration Achievements now give out Rare Crests.
- Defense win condition for killing Attackers in Battleground and Rite of Exile increased from 55 to 65 kills.
- Shadow War now starts at 7:30 p.m. Thursday for Preliminary Round and 7:30 p.m. Saturday for the Final and Third Place Playoff Rounds. The countdown now starts at 7:10 p.m.
- Players can now use up to 10 Rare Crests for Elder Rift runs.
- Chapter 5 and 6 of Hero’s Journey has been unlocked, and a new set of rewards awaits each chapter.
- Hilts Vendor can now Trade 100 Hilts for 50 Scrap Materials and 75 Hilts for 5 Enchanted Dust up to 15 times a week.
- Quality-of-life improvements for Activity Calendar.
- A new clan tab has been added to the Navigation menu.
- The Quest tab has been removed from the Navigation menu.
- 20 new Horadric Bestiary entries have been added. Legendary Crests are up for grabs after collecting 50 and 100 Bestiary Entries.
- Improved finding, joining, and recruiting mechanics for Clans.
- High-low sort option according to the number of online players per clan.
- More accessible Clan suggestions have been added.
- Players can now apply for a new Clan without leaving their current one. Upon joining the new Clan, they will automatically leave their current Clan.
- Clan Leaders gain a Member Recruitment interface.
- Dark Clan Leaders can now directly invite players to join the Dark Clan.
- Hide Helmet option for select Cosmetic sets has been added to the Westmarch Barber.
You can read the Age of Falling Towers Patch notes here.