We know you’ve free fallen from 10,000 feet to land face first because you didn’t know how to use a Parachute in GTA 5.
The Parachute is an item that’s had players scratching their heads trying to figure out how not to kiss the ground at 150 KPH. But alas, the game does not give out a tooltip of hint about how to use a Parachute in GTA 5, a very unusual move by Rockstar Games.
We, too, have jumped off our stolen Buzzard Attack Chopper with a Parachute strapped behind Franklin’s back, only to realize that none of the obvious “Use” buttons could deploy the Parachute.
Frustrated, we have scoured the interwebs to solve the Parachute mystery once and for all. This guide will show you how to equip, use, and control the Parachute.
How to Get a Parachute in GTA 5
The fastest and simplest way to get a Parachute in GTA 5 is to enter a cheat code that will give the player a Parachute.
- PC: Type in “SKYDIVE” in the cheats console.
- PS3/PS4/PS5: LEFT, RIGHT, L1, L2, R1, R2, R2, LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT, L1
- Xbox: LEFT, RIGHT, LB, LT, RB, RT, RT, LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT, LB
- Players can bring up the in-game cellphone and dial this number: 1-999-759-3483. Works for all platforms.
Alternatively, players can go to the cable car (one of the tallest points in GTA 5) where a Parachute awaits, or if the player has extra cash, they can go to any Ammu-nation location to purchase a Parachute instead.
How to Use a Parachute in GTA 5
Now that you have a Parachute in your inventory, the next step is to find a tall building you can jump off or spawn a Buzzard Attack Chopper so you can get up high in the sky.
- Jump off the building or aircraft:
2. Free fall to your desired altitude:
3. To deploy the Parachute:
- Left-click or press “F” (PC)
- Press X (PlayStation)
- Press A button (Xbox)
4. To steer the Parachute:
- Push the left analog stick left or right (PlayStation/Xbox)
- Press and hold the A/D key on your keyboard (PC)
5. To speed up or slow down the Parachute’s descent:
- Push or pull the left analog stick forward or backward (PlayStation/Xbox)
- Press and hold the W/S key on your keyboard (PC)
6. To make your landing more precise:
- Press and hold Shift on your keyboard (PC)
- Press and hold L1 and R2 (PlayStation)
- Press and hold LB and RB (Xbox)
Free-falling from thousands of feet in the air is a fun experience in GTA 5 that you wouldn’t want to miss. Fortunately, skydiving in GTA 5 is very accessible, as players can easily spawn a Buzzard Attack Chopper and a Parachute through in-game cheats.
With that said, we hope that you found this guide on How to Use a Parachute in GTA 5 useful. For more GTA 5 guides, visit the PlayerAssist website, where awesome Gaming Guides, Gaming News, Game Codes, and other Gaming Content await!