Is this the beginning of a Cypher resurgence in VALORANT?
Patch 5.10 and the recently concluded VALORANT PBE have very similar patch notes that point toward some exciting changes for Cypher’s Trapwire and Neural theft, Fade’s prowlers and Nightfall Ultimate, and Harbor’s Cascade, among many other updates and fixes.
We have outlined everything you need to know about Patch 5.10 in VALORANT in this guide.
Cypher finally gets some buffs in Patch 5.10. These changes are way overdue, but Cypher mains will definitely rejoice at the fact that their favorite surveillance maestro is finally getting some updates to his bread-and-butter ability in Trapwire.
For the most part, Cypher is getting a much longer Trapwire now, which should open up a world of possibilities in terms of his Trapwire setups around maps. On the other hand, his Ultimate is getting a powerful buff that will give Cypher the ability to reveal enemies much more effectively upon use.
Other changes include Quality of Life changes for Cypher’s abilities, reduced near sight and duration for Fade’s Prowler, and increased charges for Harbor’s Cascade.
- Maximum Trapwire length increased 1000 >>> 1500.
- Neural Theft
- Now reveals enemies two times. There is a four-second delay between the reveals.
- The time restriction to cast on enemy corpses has been removed.
- Maximum cast distance increased 1200 >>> 1800.
- Quality of Life
- Updated the yellow silhouette used for Cypher’s reveal on Spycam and Neural Theft.
- Yellow silhouette now disappears if the revealed enemy becomes visible to you to help reduce confusion of seeing two representations of the enemy in different places.
- Yellow silhouette now starts dimmer and fades faster to make it more distinguishable from an actual enemy.
- Cypher’s placed utility is no longer destroyed by allies’ AOE damage.
- Duration reduced from 3 >>> 2.5 seconds (Time the prowler is alive without a trail).
- Delay on bite after reaching target increased .4 >>> .6 seconds.
- Hitbox improvements.
- Nearsight duration on hit reduced 3.5 >>> 2.75 seconds.
- Prowlers now fizzle out and no longer debuff instead of rebuffing its target if they teleported away before it finished its animation.
- Cost Increased 7 >>> 8.
- Number of purchasable charges 1 >>> 2
Gameplay Systems Updates
Real-Time Text Evaluation (North America only to start)
- In addition to our existing interventions, we are launching a new feature to begin muting players in chat who send disruptive text messages in-game. Interventions for disruptive text will now be applied sooner rather than later as we continue updating our systems to evaluate more types of text communication.
- These improvements will be added to North America first and expanded to more regions in the near future.
- Fixed an issue that caused the “Auto-Reject Friend Requests: On” notification to be misaligned in the Social Panel for some languages.
- Fixed a bug where Astra could cast a fake Nebula right at the start of a round before her Star charged up.
- Fixed a bug where Chamber would fail to equip a gun at the start of a new round.
- Fixed Harbor’s Cascade being visible on the Minimap for enemies with the vision of it.
- Fixed a bug where Harbor’s Cascade would sometimes spawn under the map.
- Fixed a bug where Harbor’s Cascade targeted on the minimap would shorten when aiming up or down even though the Cascade would travel the same distance.
- Fixed a bug where Harbor’s Cascade targeted on the minimap was slightly shorter than the actual distance it would travel.
- Fixed a bug where Neon’s Slide could be used to boost upwards in specific map locations.
You can read the full VALORANT Patch 5.10 Notes here.