Destiny 2 has been out for a while now, and even though this is true, there are some errors and connection issues that aren’t fixed since its launch back in 2017.
However, this is quite normal for Destiny or for any game for that matter. Most of the errors that occur happen because of compatibility problems or connection problems, hence why they are so hard to patch.
The error code chicken which Destiny 2 players encounter is like this, i.e. a connection problem.
How to Fix Error Code Chicken – Destiny 2
Thankfully, Bungie – Destiny’s developers, have always remained transparent about problems and bugs with the game.
Furthermore, most of the time they have provided guidelines on what to do when certain things happen. For the chicken error, there is also some fixes provided by Bungie.
To fix the chicken error code in Destiny 2, you can try the following things:
- Make sure to use an Ethernet cable to play Destiny 2. Make sure it’s wired and not Wi-Fi.
- Next thing you can try is clearing console cache and download cache in the Steam application.
- Reset the router a couple of times.
- Bungie further continues and asks player to use their troubleshooting tools to fix the issue. They also add that this is most likely an internet service provider issue, so they urge players to contact their providers.
- Lastly, you can contact support or make a help thread on their site.
While the first three methods might work for someone, but the rest I consider completely unhelpful by the developers. So, I decided to give you some other ways you can try fix the problem:
- Run the program as administrator.
- Make sure to disable Fullscreen Optimization. Right-Click > Properties > Compatibility > Disable Fullscreen optimization.
- Test your internet connection on a respected speed testing site, and also try to launch the game from a hotspot on your mobile device.
- Bungie isn’t wrong about switching to Ethernet, but also try on Wi-Fi so you can see whether your ethernet cable is not damaged. This is highly unlikely, usually they stop working altogether but it’s worth a shot.
If none of these things work, I wouldn’t bet my life on a reinstall working, but you can certainly try it if you have exhausted all of your options.
Also, at this point it will actually be a good idea to contact Bungie’s support team. From what I can tell, they can be very responsive, sometimes.
READ NEXT : Destiny 2: How to Fix Error Code Honeydew