Here’s how to get your car back in GTA 5.
GTA 5/GTA Online features the largest list of vehicles of any Grand Theft Auto game in history. With over 700 unique cars in-game, you will be hard-pressed not to find the perfect vehicle that suits your needs.
Certain situations, however, will cause you to lose your favorite car in GTA 5/GTA Online. Fortunately, you can try to get your car back in a few ways. This quick guide will show you how to get your car back in GTA 5.
Why did my car disappear in GTA 5?
Several factors can cause your car to disappear in GTA 5. Check out the list below to get a better idea.
- If you abandon a modified vehicle
- If you abandon a vehicle you purchased online or modified in Los Santos Customs.
- Triggering a mission that requires the use of another vehicle
- Wandering too far away from the vehicle, causing it to despawn
- Loading an Autosave
- Parking the vehicle in a no-parking zone
What happens to your car afterward will depend on whether you’re playing GTA 5 Story Mode or GTA Online.
If you lose a car you just stole in GTA 5 Story Mode, more often than not, you won’t get it back. However, If it gets impounded, you will likely find your car at Mission Row Police Station. It is worth noting that if you lose any of the main characters’ vehicles, you can expect to see the vehicles back at their safe house.
In GTA Online, you can also expect to find your lost car in the Impound Lot. If you don’t find it at the Impound, check with your insurance company and claim to retrieve your car.
Where is the Impound Lot in GTA 5?
The Impound Lot is in GTA 5 Story Mode at Mission Row Police Station. Head to Vespucci Boulevard and Sinner Street and retrieve your impounded vehicle there.
In GTA Online, you must go to LSPD Auto Impound at the Davis Police Station. You can find the Impound Lot on the corner of Innocence Boulevard and Roy Lowenstein Boulevard.
The Impound Lot in GTA Online shouldn’t be difficult to find, as this is the same one where you and Tonya pick up the tow truck in the Strangers and Freaks mission Pulling Favors.
How to Get Your Car Back from the Impound in GTA 5
Retrieving your car in GTA 5 and GTA Online will differ quite a bit. In GTA 5 Story Mode, you can retrieve your impounded vehicle from the Impound Lot by paying $250.
In GTA Online, you can pay $250 or steal the vehicle from the Impound Lot. However, remember that stealing the vehicle from the Impound Lot will net you a 2-star Wanted Level.
Retrieve your car in GTA 5
- Head to Mission Row Police Station.
2. Stand next to this gate.
3. Select a car you want to retrieve.
Retrieve your Car in GTA Online
- Head to LSPD Auto Impound at Davis Police Station.
2. Stand next to the gate and pay the $250 to get your car back. Alternatively, you can jump over the fence and steal the car. You will receive a 2-star Wanted Level for doing so, but you will get your vehicle back for free.
Retrieve Your Car Through Your Executive Assistant
If you are registered as a CEO, you can call your assistant and ask them to retrieve the vehicle. This will cost you $1000, but the vehicle will be delivered directly to your current location.
- Call your assistant using your smartphone.
2. Pick the option to ‘Recover vehicle from impound.’
Can you get your vehicle back after being destroyed in GTA 5 Online?
Yes, you can get your vehicle back even after it is destroyed. You can do this by bringing up the in-game phone and paying Mors Mutual Insurance the insurance amount.
- Ensure your vehicle is destroyed and not just sitting at the Impound Lot.
2. Bring up the in-game smartphone.
3. Choose Contacts.
4. Scroll down and look for Mors Mutual Insurance
5. Pay the insurance fee.
Losing your car in GTA 5/GTA Online isn’t a big deal, as there are multiple ways to retrieve your ride in-game.
If you’re playing GTA 5 Story Mode, you can just head to Mission Row Police Station and pay $250 to get your car back. In GTA Online, you can pay $250 to get your car back, steal your car, or simply ask your assistant to retrieve the car for you.