One of the Shrines in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is the Dagah Keek Shrine or Dagah Keek’s Blessing. The Shrine itself is no challenge at all. As you enter the Dagah Keek Shrine, Link will be able to access the shrine’s chest and he will be able to access the altar and talk to the monk immediately. The real challenge is completing the Ceremonial Song Shrine Quest in order to access Dagah Keek Shrine. In this guide, you’ll learn how to complete the Ceremonial Song Shrine Quest in order to access and complete Dagah Keek Shrine and obtain the chest inside.
Link will be rewarded with Spirit Orbs for completing Shrines. The Spirit Orbs obtained can be exchanged for more Heart Containers or Stamina Vessels. As there are a total of 120 Shrines all over Hyrule, Link will be able to get a total of 120 Spirit Orbs. You get to decide whether you want Link to have more Hearts or more Stamina.
The Ceremonial Song Shrine Quest can be unlocked within Zora’s Domain, which is in the eastern part of Hyrule, and the quest will be done and completed in this general area. The Dagah Keek Shrine will emerge at the southeast of Veiled Falls after completing the Ceremonial Song Shrine Quest.
The Ceremonial Song
Before starting this Shrine Quest, it would be a whole lot easier if Link already has the Zora Armor which King Dorephan of Zora’s Domain will give Link for taking on the Divine Beast Vah Ruta Quest.
To begin The Ceremonial Song Shrine Quest, Link must talk to Laruta, a young Zora girl in Zora’s Domain. Go to Zora’s Domain (fast travel through the Ne’ez Yohma Shrine if you have already completed it) and you can find Laruta hanging out near Champion Mipha’s statue.
Upon talking to Laruta, she will sing Link a song. Talk to her about the song and she’ll tell you that she does not actually know what the song is about. However, she will mention the Champion Festival and that Trello is supposed to do something about it and he hasn’t done anything yet. After your talk with Laruta, the Ceremonial Song Shrine Quest will start.
In order to complete this Shrine Quest, this is what Link must do:
- Talk to Laruta again and she will tell Link more about Trello and where you can find him.
- After that, walk back towards the entrance of Zora’s Domain where you will find two stairs. Take the stairs to the right (the right side if facing towards the entrance but left side when looking at the map) and head to the upper level. Then, you will find just another staircase just ahead on the left. Head up the stairs, continue on the path, and you will find Trello along the path.
- Talk to Trello and he will mention something about devising a plan to recover the missing Ceremonial Trident which has been dropped off the bridge. He will mention that he has made plans to create a new one and if someone ever finds the dropped Ceremonial Trident, the finder gets to keep it.
- Next, jump off the right side of the bridge and glide towards solid ground at the bottom of the bridge on Link’s right side.
- Then, press the up directional button and select the Magnesis Rune ability. Use the Magnesis Rune ability to find the Ceremonial Trident in the water. Then, after locating it, use the Cryonis Rune ability to create ice blocks and go near the Ceremonial Trident until you can actually activate the Magnesis Rune ability on it and pull it out of the water and actually acquire it.
- After obtaining the Ceremonial Trident, equip it, go back up the bridge where you found Trello, and continue on the path up the hill (turn on the waypoint by setting the destination of the quest in the Adventure Log in case you get lost somehow).
- As you go along the path, you will find the Veiled Falls (found in the western side of Zora’s Domain) which is a tall waterfall with a glowing platform in the water below. To activate the glowing platform, Link must perform a downward strike on it with the Ceremonial Trident. To do this, swim up the waterfall (with the Zora Armor equipped) until you reach the top.
- Once at the top, jump and glide down the glowing platform at the bottom. Once you’re sure that you’ll hit the platform when you land, press Y to attack and hold down the down directional button to perform a downward strike on the glowing platform.
- If performed successfully, the glowing platform will react and the Dagah Keek Shrine will emerge just ahead and the Ceremonial Song Shrine Quest will be completed!
Dagah Keek’s Blessing
Now that you have completed the Ceremonial Song Shrine Quest, you can now enter the Dagah Keek Shrine. This shrine will no longer have a challenge or puzzle inside as the puzzle was already on trying to actually access the shrine. Upon entering the shrine, this is what Link must do:
- Upon entering the Dagah Keek Shrine, head up the stairs and open the chest to obtain a Silver Rupee (which is equal to 100 Rupees).
- Then, just after the chest, continue ahead and talk to the monk and claim your Spirit Orb!
As mentioned above, the Dagah Keek Shrine or the Dagah Keek’s Blessing is one of the nine shrines in the Lanayru Tower region. The other shrines are the Rucco Maag Shrine or the Five Flames, Kaya Wan Shrine or the Shields From Water, Sheh Rata Shrine or the Speed of Light, Ne’ez Yohma Shrine or the Pushing Power, Soh Kofi Shrine or A Minor Test in Strength, Daka Tuss Shrine or the Sunken Scoop, Shai Yota Shrine or Shai Yota’s Blessing, and the Kah Mael Shrine or the Drop and Rise.