The Ha Dahamar Shrine or the The Water Guides is one of the many shrines in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. This shrine requires Link to traverse through the Shrine using the Cryonis Rune ability. This is a very easy shrine to complete and in this guide, you’ll learn how to complete the Ha Dahamar Shrine and obtain the chest.
Link will be rewarded with Spirit Orbs for completing Shrines. The Spirit Orbs obtained can be exchanged for more Heart Containers or Stamina Vessels. As there are a total of 120 Shrines all over Hyrule, Link will be able to get a total of 120 Spirit Orbs. You get to decide whether you want Link to have more Hearts or more Stamina.
The Ha Dahamar Shrine is located just on the west of Dueling Peaks Stable (which can be found on the east of the Dueling Peaks or south of Kakariko Village).
Once you find the shrine, the entrance is surrounded by spikes that are impossible to just jump over. You can either climb up the cliffs on the west of the Shrine and glide towards the entrance or you can use the Cryonis Rune ability to create an ice block on the water near the spikes, climb up on top of it, then jump and glide towards the entrance of the Shrine. Additionally, if you already have Revali’s Gale, you can create an updraft and just glide towards the entrance.
The Ha Dahamar Shrine is one of nine shrines in the Dueling Peaks Region.
The Water Guides
Upon entering the Shrine, you will see that in front of Link there are platforms and waterfalls on the right side, and on the left side is just a space where he could fall. In the distance are flights of stairs.
To complete the Ha Dahamar Shrine, this is what Link must do:
- Go towards the first waterfall on the right then press the up directional button and select the Cryonis Rune ability. Press L to aim Cryonis and aim it on the floor of the waterfall and Press A to activate it and create an ice block. Go up the ice block and jump to the next platform.
- Next, aim Cryonis again but this time on the actual waterfall. Create a horizontal ice block that is slightly higher than the platform that Link is on then create another one that is higher than the previous horizontal ice block to create some sort of stairs using the ice blocks. Climb up the ice blocks and jump on to the next platform.
- Before continuing on the shrine, look back on the waterfall again and just above your previous ice blocks there is a platform with a chest. Do the same method of creating two horizontal ice blocks to form some sort of stairs. Climb up the ice blocks, get on the platform, and open the chest to obtain a Purple Rupee (50 Rupees).
- Glide back down to the next platform and go up the flight of stairs. Once on top, look to the right and you will see a wide waterfall that covers the whole wall with ramps in the middle and a rolling glowing orb. On the bottom on the right is the socket for the glowing orb and the altar with the entrance closed.
- Use the Cryonis Rune ability again to create an ice block to block the glowing orb from rolling onto the next platform that leads to the left and instead drops down onto the seesaw ramp.
- Next, create an ice block right under the left side of the seesaw ramp to prevent it from going down because of the weight of the glowing orb.
- After that, create an ice block in between the right side of the seesaw ramp and the platform with the socket for the glowing orb so that the glowing orb will not fall on the gap and instead roll down on the ice block like a bridge to the platform with the socket. After the glowing orb is in its socket, the gate to the altar will open.
- Finally, go to the altar, talk to the monk, and claim your Spirit Orb.
As mentioned above, the Ha Dahamar Shrine or The Water Guides is one of nine Shrines in the Dueling Peaks Region. The other shrines are the Toto Sah shrine or Toto Sah Apparatus, Bosh Kala shrine or The Wind Guides You, Hila Rao shrine or the Drifting, Ta’loh Naeg Shrine or the Ta’loh Naeg’s Teaching, Shee Vaneer shrine or the Twin Memories, Shee Venath shrine or the Twin Memories, Lakna Rokee shrine or Lakna Rokee’s Blessing, and Ree Dahee shrine or the Timing is Critical.