One of the Shrines in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is the Lakna Rokee Shrine or Lakna Rokee’s Blessing. The Shrine itself is no challenge at all. As you enter the Lakna Rokee Shrine, Link will be able to access the Shrine’s chest, and he will be able to access the altar and talk to the monk immediately. The real challenge is completing one main quest and a few side quests to access Lakna Rokee Shrine. In this guide, you will learn how to complete the quests required to access Lakna Rokee Shrine, obtain the chest inside, and claim a Spirit Orb.
Link will be rewarded with Spirit Orbs for completing Shrines. The Spirit Orbs obtained can be exchanged for more Heart Containers or Stamina Vessels. As there are a total of 120 Shrines all over Hyrule, Link will get a total of 120 Spirit Orbs. You get to decide whether you want Link to have more Hearts or more Stamina.
All the quests needed to access Lakna Rokee Shrine can be found in Kakariko Village (north of Dueling Peaks Stable, south of the Lanayru Wetlands). The quests will be done and completed in this general area.
However, the Lakna Rokee Shrine can be found just ahead of the path to the west of the Ta’loh Naeg Shrine, which can be found just north of Kakariko Village at the top of a cliff. The Lakna Rokee Shrine is one of nine shrines in the Dueling Peaks Region.
Lakna Rokee Shrine
As mentioned above, to access the Lakna Rokee Shrine, Link must finish certain quests. The quests are as follows:
Find the Fairy Fountain
Before starting this quest, make sure you have an extra 100 Rupees to spare, which will be required in this quest so you can finish this main quest in one go.
Upon first arriving in Kakariko Village, you will find a painter near a pond across Impa’s house named Pikango. Talk to him, and he will tell Link about the Great Fairy Fountain that is nearby, and you can ask him to take you there. To complete this quest, this is what Link must do:
- Follow Pikango up the hill (slowly even though he’s jogging) and past the Ta’loh Naeg Shrine. After a while. he will stop because he will run out of breath.
- Continue on the path without him and the path will be divided in two. Continue on the path on the left and this will lead you to the Great Fairy Fountain which is still closed and will look like a closed pod with thorns.
- Walk up the orange glowing ramp thing and examine the pod. Then, a voice will start talking to Link and she will introduce herself as the Great fairy Cotera.
- After a bit of dialogue of her telling a story, her giant hand will peek out of the pod and she will then ask Link for 100 Rupees to regain her power. Confirm on the prompt (if you have enough Rupees). She will then take the Rupees from Link and a cutscene will play where she will emerge from the fountain. You can now upgrade your armor and various clothing with the Great Fairy Cotera granted you have the necessary monster parts for a specific piece of armor or clothing.
- Before leaving, take a picture of the fountain with the Camera Rune ability.
- After that, go back to where Pikango ran out of breath and show him the picture to finish the quest.
Flown the Coop
In the next quest, Link must complete the Side Quest ‘Flown the Coop’, and to start this quest, watch out for one of the guards outside Impa’s house named Cado. He will eventually move from his post, go to his Cucco coop just ahead, and he will start to freak out. Talk to him to start the side quest. Cado will tell Link that his precious cuccos didn’t come home, and he will ask Link to find them.
Link will have to find seven Cuccos, all found in Kakariko Village, and carry them back to Cado’s coop. Link can find the Cuccos in these locations:
- Near the apple tree just a little bit south of Ta’loh Naeg Shrine.
- In front of a shed next to a campfire a little farther up the hill where the path to the village’s entrance and the path to Ta’loh Naeg Shrine meet (the shed is beside Olkin and Mellie’s house).
- On top of a shed near the watermill (can be immediately seen from the entrance of the village).
- In a shed/stable just ahead of the carrot field (behind Olkin and Mellie’s house, just ahead of the watermill).
- In Mellie’s plum garden. You can not get the Cucco if she is there. You have to wait for her to leave or take the Cucco at night.
- Near Pikango and the pond with the Goddess Statue.
- On the roof of the clothing shop across from Cado’s Cucco coop (the roof of the clothing shop can be climbed up).
Once you have thrown all the Cuccos back into their coops, talk to Cado again and get a 50 Rupee reward.
By Firefly’s Light
The next side quest Link must complete called By Firefly’s Light. To start the quest, visit Lasli in her house (which is just ahead of the watermill from Olkin and Mellie’s house or the first house on the left when you enter Kakariko Village) at night, and she’ll tell you how much she misses catching fireflies.
To complete this side quest, Link must bring her five Sunset Fireflies, which you can catch just outside her house and around the village at night by crouching and catching them, or you can occasionally purchase them from Beedle.
Once you have caught the fireflies, go back to Lasli’s house, go to Link’s Inventory and hold five of the fireflies. Then, return to the game and drop them inside her house. She will be very excited to see the fireflies and thank Link by giving him 50 Rupees. You can then catch the fireflies flying around the house again if you want to.
The Stolen Heirloom
After completing those three quests, you can finally unlock The Stolen Heirloom Shrine Quest for Lakna Rokee Shrine.
To start the Shrine Quest, talk to the guards outside Impa’s House, and they will tell you that a thief has stolen Impa’s most prized possession, and the Link should talk to Impa immediately. Proceed to Impa’s house and talk to Paya, and she will tell Link that the Sheikah Heirloom has been stolen. Spend the day with Paya to comfort her as instructed by Impa. Just play out the rest of the dialogue, and this will start The Stolen Heirloom Shrine Quest. To complete this Shrine Quest, this is what Link must do:
- After spending the day with Paya, sit by the fire near Pikango and the Goddess Statue and wait until night.
- At around 10:00 PM, Dorian will leave his post as a guard outside Impa’s house and start walking. Keep your distance and stealthily follow him (don’t get too close to him or he will notice you and ruin the whole thing) up the hill and past Ta’loh Naeg shrine and to the woods.
- Then, upon arriving at the divided path, he will choose the path on the right (with the left being the path to the Great Fairy Fountain).
- Next, keep following him and wait until he crosses the wooden bridge. After he crosses, it will now be your turn to cross while still keeping your distance.
- Then a cutscene will play that will expose Dorian to being a former member of the Yiga Clan and a Yiga Jerk has stolen the heirloom.
- The Yiga Jerk will then notice your presence and will proceed in a fight. It is important to note that the Yiga Jerk can inflict huge damage on Link so it is best to evade his attacks as much as possible. Defeat the Yiga Jerk to continue.
- After defeating the Yiga Jerk, he will drop the stolen heirloom which is a glowing orb and Dorian will explain to Link his story of being part of the Yiga Clan, why he left, and how he was threatened into betraying Impa.
- After that, carry the glowing orb, drop it into the shrine pedestal, and the Lakna Rokee Shrine will finally appear with The Stolen Heirloom Shrine Quest finally completed!
Lakna Rokee’s Blessing
Now that you have completed The Stolen Heirloom Shrine Quest, you can enter the Lakna Rokee Shrine. This Shrine will no longer have a challenge or puzzle inside as the puzzle was already on trying to access the Shrine. Upon entering the Shrine, this is what Link must do:
- Upon entering the Lakna Rokee Shrine, head up the stairs and open the chest to obtain the Edge of Duality.
- Then, just after the chest, continue ahead and talk to the monk and claim your Spirit Orb!
As mentioned above, the Lakna Rokee shrine or Lakna Rokee’s Blessing is one of nine Shrines in the Dueling Peaks region. The other shrines are the Toto Sah shrine or Toto Sah Apparatus, Bosh Kala shrine or The Wind Guides You, Hila Rao shrine or the Drifting, Ta’loh Naeg Shrine or the Ta’loh Naeg’s Teaching, Ha Dahamar Shrine or The Water Guides, Shee Vaneer Shrine and Shee Venath Shrine Shrine or the Twin Memories, and Ree Dahee shrine or the Timing is Critical.