One of the Shrines in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is the Lanno Kooh Shrine, or Lanno Kooh’s Blessing. The Shrine itself is no challenge at all. As you enter the Lanno Kooh Shrine, Link can immediately access the Shrine’s chest and the altar and talk to the monk. The real challenge is getting to the Lanno Kooh Shrine. In this guide, you’ll learn how to reach and complete the Lanno Kooh Shrine, obtain the chest inside, and claim the Spirit Orb.
Link will be rewarded with Spirit Orbs for completing Shrines. The Spirit Orbs obtained can be exchanged for more Heart Containers or Stamina Vessels. As there are 120 Shrines all over Hyrule, Link can get 120 Spirit Orbs. You can decide whether you want Link to have more Hearts or Stamina.
The Lanno Kooh Shrine can be found in the middle of an island along a river inside a hollow part of a rock formation just west of the Hebra Tower (or northwest of the Tabantha Village Ruins and Tabantha Hills or southeast of the Hebra Headspring and Hebra Falls). The Lanno Kooh Shrine is one of the 13 shrines in the Hebra Tower region.
Upon arriving in the area, you will see that the island with the Shrine is surrounded by freezing water with a powerful current. Link can try to climb on the walls of the rock formation or swim on the river; however, that would require Link to have a lot of stamina or hearts as Link will receive damage when trying to swim in the frigid water. There is a way, however, to reach the island and the Shrine without taking damage.
To reach the island and the Lanno Kooh Shrine, this is what Link must do:
- Follow the river upstream towards the northwest of the Shrine up in the Hebra Headspring.
- Defeat the enemies in the area to get rid of the nuisance.
- Next, strike one or two of the trees near the river using any of Link’s weapons to chop them down and let them fall on the river.
- Once the chopped-up logs are in the river, they will start to go with the river’s flow. Let Link follow it along the side of the river.
- Then, let the logs fall on the Hebra Falls, wait for them to hit bottom and resurface, then jump and glide off the top of the falls and land on one of the logs to ride it.
- Once on top of a log, let Link stand and ride the log as it drifts along the river, thanks to the strong current.
- Eventually, Link and the log will drift towards the rock formation and reach the island and the Shrine. Jump off the log and get on the island.
- Upon arriving on the island, a couple of Lizalfos will appear. Defeat the Lizalfos to continue.
After that, Link can now access and enter the Lanno Kooh Shrine!
Lanno Kooh’s Blessing
Now that Link has reached the island, you can enter the Lanno Kooh Shrine. This Shrine will no longer have a challenge or puzzle inside as the puzzle was already on trying to access the Shrine. Upon entering the Shrine, this is what Link must do:
- Upon entering the To Quomo Shrine, head up the stairs and open the chest to obtain a Gold Rupee (300 Rupees).
- Then, just after the chest, continue ahead to the altar, talk to the monk, and claim your Spirit Orb!
As mentioned above, the Lanno Kooh Shrine or Lanno Kooh’s Blessing is one of 13 shrines in the Hebra Tower region. The other shrines are the Goma Asaagh Shrine or A Major Test of Strength, the Sha Gehma Shrine or the Shift and Lock, the Hia Miu Shrine or A Major Test of Strength, the Mozo Shenno Shrine or A Major Test of Strength, the Rin Oyaa Shrine or the Directing the Wind, the Shada Naw Shrine or the Red Giveaway, the Rok Uwog Shrine or the Power of Reach, the Maka Rah Shrine or the Steady Thy Heart, the To Quomo Shrine or Quomo’s Blessing, the Dunba Taag Shrine or the Build and Release, the Gee Ha’rah Shrine or the Tandem, and the Qaza Tokki Shrine or Qaza Tokki’s Blessing.