The Ree Dahee Shrine or the Timing is Critical is one of the many shrines in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. As the title of the shrine suggests, the Timing is Critical, and the shrine requires Link to traverse the shrine by putting the glowing orbs in their sockets through timing. This is a very easy shrine to complete, and in this guide, you will learn how to complete the Ree Dahee Shrine and obtain the chest.
Link will be rewarded with Spirit Orbs for completing Shrines. The Spirit Orbs obtained can be exchanged for more Heart Containers or Stamina Vessels. As there are 120 Shrines all over Hyrule, Link can get a total of 120 Spirit Orbs. You get to decide whether you want Link to have more Hearts or more Stamina.
Ree Dahee Shrine, or the Timing is Critical, can be found on top of a cliff on the left side of Dueling Peaks if you come from the Great Plateau region. You can reach this shrine by fast traveling to the Dueling Peaks Tower on Squabble River, then jump and use the paraglider to glide down to the left side of Dueling Peaks, where you will find a cliff which you can then run on until you reach the Ree Dahee Shrine. On the other hand, if you have enough stamina, you can climb up the side of the cliff when you see the shrine. The Ree Dahee Shrine is one of nine shrines in the Dueling Peaks Region.
Timing is Critical
Upon entering the Ree Dahee Shrine, you will see a bunch of floating platforms up ahead. Just ahead of Link, you will see a long rectangular floating platform with a glowing orb on the left side, its glowing socket below it on the right, and a glowing pressure plate just a few steps ahead of Link.
To complete this shrine Link must:
- Step on the pressure plate to activate it and the long rectangular platform will rotate a few degrees clockwise for the glowing orb to roll down on. Do not step off the pressure plate until the glowing orb rolls off the platform and onto the socket. Once the glowing orb is in its socket, you can now step off the pressure plate and a moving platform will move towards the platform that Link is on to bring him to the next platform.
- Ride the moving platform to continue on the path.
- Upon reaching the next platform, you will see another rectangular platform with a glowing orb on the left, a slightly diagonal platform just below it, and the glowing orb’s glowing socket below on the left. Let Link stand on the pressure plate to rotate the platforms a few degrees clockwise and let the glowing orb roll. Once the glowing orb rolls off at least more than half of the first platform that it is on, quickly step off the pressure plate to rotate the platforms back to their original state and stand on the Sheikah logo on the left side of the pressure plate. The glowing orb will continue on rolling until it reaches the socket.
- Once the glowing orb is in its socket, the platform that Link is on (the one with the Sheikah logo) will start to move towards the next platform.
- Upon reaching the next platform, you will see the pressure plate just ahead down a ramp, a slightly shorter rectangular platform with a glowing orb on the left, the glowing orb’s socket across a gap on the right, a platform with a chest just above the orb, a couple of metal barrels just ahead of the socket, and the altar and the monk just on top of a ramp. Let Link step on the pressure plate and the platform will rotate a few degrees clockwise to let the glowing orb roll. However, quickly step off the pressure plate after the glowing orb rolls to about more than half of the platform to restore the platform to its original state so that the movement of the platform will “throw” the glowing orb towards its socket.
- Make sure to stand and get ready on the Sheikah logo on the left side of the pressure plate after getting off it as it will immediately move once the glowing orb is in its socket.
- On the next platform, go near the ramp for the altar and use the Magnesis Rune ability to get the metal barrel just below on the right and bring it back to the pressure plate.
- Once the metal barrel is on the pressure plate, the platform will rotate again for a few degrees clockwise which will become a ramp to reach the chest. Open the chest to obtain a Climber’s Bandana.
- After that, jump and glide down to where you found the metal barrels and there you will find a ladder.
- Go up the ladder, go to the altar, talk to the monk, and claim your Spirit Orb.
As mentioned above, the Ree Dahee Shrine or the Timing is Critical is one of nine Shrines in the Dueling Peaks Region. The other shrines are the Ta’Loh Naeg shrine or Ta’Loh Naeg’s Teaching, Bosh Kala shrine or The Wind Guides You, Hila Rao shrine or the Drifting, Ha Dahamar shrine or The Water Guides, Shee Vaneer shrine or the Twin Memories, Shee Venath shrine or the Twin Memories, Lakna Rokee shrine or Lakna Rokee’s Blessing, and Toto Sah shrine or the Toto Sah Apparatus,