One of the Shrines in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is the Rok Uwog Shrine or the Power of Reach. This shrine requires Link to overcome various obstacles and defeat a few Guardian Scouts to complete the shrine. This shrine may seem intimidating and confusing, but it is fairly easy to complete. In this guide, you will learn how to complete the Rok Uwog Shrine, get the chests, and claim the Spirit Orb.
Link will be rewarded with Spirit Orbs for completing Shrines. The Spirit Orbs obtained can be exchanged for more Heart Containers or Stamina Vessels. As there are 120 Shrines all over Hyrule, Link can get 120 Spirit Orbs. You get to decide whether you want Link to have more Hearts or more Stamina.
The Rok Uwog Shrine can be found under a few umbrella-like rock formations on the northwestern edge of Pikida Stonegrove, which is northwest of the Snowfield Stable, and the Rin Oyaa Shrine (the Rok Uwog Shrine can be found on the northeast of Hebra Peak and the Hebra East Summit or west of the N. Tabantha Snowfield in the Tabantha Tundra). The Rok Uwog Shrine is one of 13 shrines in the Hebra Tower region.
It is worth mentioning that the climate in the area is frigid, so make sure that Link has cold-resistant armor.
Power of Reach
Upon entering the Rok Uwog Shrine, Link is in a small room with a closed entryway on Link’s right side, a bunch of leaves and a torch on Link’s left side, and a chest on top of a platform in front of Link.
To complete the Rok Uwog Shrine, this is what Link must do:
- First, press the up directional button, select the Magnesis Rune ability, press the L button to aim, aim at the chest on top of a platform in front of Link, press the A button to activate, then pull the chest towards Link. Open the chest to obtain a Drillshaft.
- Next, set the leaves on the left side of the entrance on fire. This can be done using a few methods: Link can shoot a Fire or Bomb Arrow at the leaves, Link can aim a normal arrow then while aiming, let it go near the torch so the arrow will be on fire, then shoot it at the leaves, Link can set his torch on fire if he has one (or any wooden weapon) then strike the leaves using the lit torch, or Link can topple the lit up torch near the leaves by striking it with a weapon.
- Once the leaves are all burnt, a small hole will be revealed on the wall. Let Link go through this hole to continue on the path.
- On this next part of the shrine, Link will encounter a Guardian Scout. After defeating it, it will drop its Guardian Spear and a few Ancient Screws and Gears. Defeat the Guardian Scout to continue.
- After that, you will see a small metal cube and a small wooden cube holding up a platform on the northeastern part of the room. Press the L button to aim Link’s Magnesis Rune ability, aim at the small metal cube, press the A button to activate, then pull it out of the stack. This will result in the platform falling, breaking the small wooden cube, and creating a ramp.
- Let Link go up the ramp, then go down the ramp on the other side.
- After that, Link will encounter another Guardian Scout. Defeat the Guardian Scout to continue. After defeating it, it will also drop its Guardian Spear and a few Ancient Screws and Gears.
- Next, continue to the end of this corridor, and you will see a closed gate on the left side, and inside are two barrels on top of a pressure plate. Link must destroy the barrels so that there is no weight on the pressure plate, and the gate will be opened. This can also be done in several ways: Link can shoot Fire or Bomb Arrow at the barrels to burn them away, Link can conjure up either of the two Remote Bombs and place them as close as possible to the gate, then detonate them from a distance, or Link can destroy the barrels by striking them with a spear (the Drillshaft from the chest or Guardian Spears from the Guardian Scouts from earlier can be used to destroy the barrels).
- After destroying the barrels, enter through the gate, and you will see a ladder right in front of it and a chest on top of a small staircase on the left side of the room. Open the chest to obtain a Small Key.
- Next, let Link climb up the ladder, and you will see that Link is back in the first room with the
entrance to the shrine and closed entryway. Drop down from the platform and head to the closed entryway, then open it using the Small Key that was just obtained.
- After that, enter this next part of the shrine, and you will see a big room with the altar and the monk on the northern side of the room. Go near the altar, talk to the monk, and claim your Spirit Orb!
The Rok Uwog Shrine, or the Power of Reach, is one of 13 shrines in the Hebra Tower region. The other shrines are the Goma Asaagh Shrine or A Major Test of Strength, the Sha Gehma Shrine or the Shift and Lock, the Hia Miu Shrine or A Major Test of Strength, the Mozo Shenno Shrine or A Major Test of Strength, the Rin Oyaa Shrine or the Directing the Wind, the Shada Naw Shrine or the Red Giveaway, the To Quomo Shrine or Quomo’s Blessing, the Maka Rah Shrine or the Steady Thy Heart, the Lanno Kooh Shrine or Lanno Kooh’s Blessing, the Dunba Taag Shrine or the Build and Release, the Gee Ha’rah Shrine or the Tandem, and the Qaza Tokki Shrine or Qaza Tokki’s Blessing.