Valheim, even though it shot up in popularity, and many claim it has the most complex building mechanics of all games, does have its limitations. Because the game is made to look and feel as real as possible, there are some things that you just cannot do or build for that matter. Building in this game is as real as it gets, but sometimes you might find yourself not being able to achieve something that you want to build.
That is the particular case for the spiral staircase. Options are limited with stairs in Valheim, and you must resort to the ordinary ones, or should you?
Build Spiral Staircase in Valheim
Yes it is quirky, but at the moment, Valheim doesn’t have any spiral staircases in the crafting roster. They might be added in the future, but for now, the community has found a way to build these stairs.
To build the spiral staircases in Valheim, one must do the following:
- Start by placing a log pole 4m at a desired location.
- After that, get your wood beam 2m, and place one where you want the staircase to begin, but keep in mind that it has to be connected to the log.
- Place another 2m wood beam slightly lower than the one before (where the next one should go). Make sure it is at least 50% lower, i.e. in the middle of the one placed before.
- Then, get on the first one that you placed, change it to a rotation that you like, and carefully place it above the one that you just built.
- This will in turn make it slightly above the last one. After that, break the lower piece, and rinse and repeat!
This process does take a while to perfectly align all of the beams, but once you get the hang of it, it is relatively easy. Furthermore, it is far better than the other spiral stair designs in terms of structural integrity and rigidity.
Since Valheim passed five million downloads, there might be more focus towards making the game even better, so we might see spiral staircases as a thing in the future.
READ NEXT : Valheim: How to Backup Your Data (5 Easy Steps)