One of the Shrines in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is the Kuhn Sidajj Shrine or the Kuhn Sidajj’s Blessing. The Shrine itself is no challenge at all. As you enter the Kuhn Sidajj Shrine, Link can access the shrine’s chest, access the altar, and talk to the monk immediately. The real challenge is completing the Trial of Second Sight Shrine Quest to access Kuhn Sidajj Shrine. In this guide, you will learn how to complete the Trial of Second Sight Shrine Quest to access and complete Kuhn Sidajj Shrine, obtain the chest inside, and claim the Spirit Orb.
Link will be rewarded with Spirit Orbs for completing Shrines. The Spirit Orbs obtained can be exchanged for more Heart Containers or Stamina Vessels. As there are 120 Shrines all over Hyrule, Link can get 120 Spirit Orbs. You get to decide whether you want Link to have more Hearts or more Stamina.
The Kuhn Sidajj Shrine can be found in the southwestern part of the Great Hyrule Forest and the Korok Forest. As mentioned above, Link must first complete the Trial of Second Sight Shrine Quest to reach the Kuhn Sidajj Shrine.
The Kuhn Sidajj Shrine is one of eight shrines in the Woodland Tower region.
The Trial of Second Sight
The Trial of Second Sight Shrine Quest is one of three Shrine Quests of the Korok Trials. The Korok Trials is a side quest in Breath of the Wild where the Korok elder Chio tells Link the Koroks have prepared a series of trials for him. Once he has completed all of the trials, Chio believes he can pull the Master Sword from its Pedestal.
To start the Korok Trials, make your way through the Lost Woods, which is just ahead of the path from the Woodland Tower until you reach the Korok Forest. Upon arriving, you will see the Pedestal with the Master Sword on it, and just ahead is a Korok that looks bigger than the other ones named Chio (the elder of Korok Forest), and behind him are the local shops and the Great Deku Tree. Talk to Chio, and he will recognize Link as the Hero. Chio will tell Link that the Koroks have prepared some trials for him. Confirm on the prompt, and after that, the Korok Trials will be started, and to complete it, Link must complete three Shrine Quests: the Trial of Second Sight, The Lost Pilgrimage, and The Test of Wood.
To start the Trial of Second Sight, head to the path southwest of the Pedestal, and the Master Sword and Link will pass through some huge tree logs. Continue to the path until you reach a Korok at the top of a large rock in the Lost Woods named Zooki. Talk to Zooki and confirm on the prompt to attempt the Korok Trial. Zooki will then tell you that to complete this trial, Link would have to go through the woods without getting lost in the mist, and he will give you a riddle as a hint:
“The hungry trees will show you the way. Spy their iron to win the day.”
This riddle means that there will be trees with a large opening on their trunks that look like a mouth, and in it will be some sort of iron item like an iron boulder. Following the path where you will find these will lead you to the end of the trial and a shrine.
One trick to finish this Shrine Quest easily is to press the up directional button, select the Magnesis Rune ability or the Stasis Rune Ability, and press the L button to aim. By doing this, you will see the iron in the trees as they will be highlighted while aiming for the Magnesis Rune ability or the Stasis Rune ability. To finish the Trial of Second Sight Shrine Quest, this is what Link must do:
- From Zooki, continue on the path, and you will see an iron boulder in the tree.
- While facing the tree with the iron boulder, look a little bit to the left and you will see another tree with an iron boulder in the distance. Head in that direction.
- Upon reaching the tree with the iron boulder, head to the path on the right and you will eventually see another tree with an iron boulder.
- From there, look a little bit to the left and you will see another tree with an iron boulder just behind a normal tree.
- From there, look to the right side of this tree and you will see another tree with an iron boulder.
- From this tree with an iron boulder, look to the right and you will see another one.
- Head straight on the path and you will see another tree with an iron boulder.
- After that, look a little bit to the left and you will see a Rusty Shield on top of a boulder. Go near it and a bunch of Stalkoblins will emerge from the ground. Defeat them to continue.
- After that, behind the boulder with the Rusty Shield you will see a tree with an opening that looks like a mouth and an inscription that says: “Feed me the aged shield guarded by monsters eternal. My brother will repay you in kind.”
- Then, grab the Rusty Shield from the top of the boulder using the Magnesis Rune ability and drop it in the tree’s “mouth”.
- After that, behind this tree there will be another tree with an opening that looks like a mouth and an iron chest will drop in it.
- Next, go near that tree and you will see a big lake, a dock with a raft, and an island in the distance. Using the Magnesis Rune ability, grab the iron chest and place it on the raft. Open the chest to obtain an Amber.
- Then, get on the raft and ride it towards the island in the distance by striking using a Korok Leaf to blow wind on the sails of the raft (if you do not have a Korok Leaf on hand there are a few floating in the water around the dock).
- Upon reaching the island, you will see another tree with an opening that looks like a mouth and an inscription that says: “Please place my chest in my mouth. ᵀʰᵉ ˢʰᶦᵉˡᵈ ᵉᵃᵗᵉʳ’ˢ ᵇʳᵒᵗʰᵉʳ ˢᵗᵒˡᵉ ᶦᵗ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ᵐᵉ.“
- Using the Magnesis Rune ability, grab the chest and place it in the tree’s “mouth”.
- After that, the Kuhn Sidajj Shrine will emerge from the ground on a land behind this tree and the Trial of Second Sight Shrine Quest is complete!
Kuhn Sidajj’s Blessing
Now that you have completed the Trial of Second Sight Shrine Quest, you can now swim from the island with the tree and enter the Kuhn Sidajj Shrine. This shrine will no longer have a challenge or puzzle inside as the puzzle was already on trying to access the shrine. Upon entering the shrine, this is what Link must do:
- Upon entering the Daag Chokah Shrine, head up the stairs and there will be a chest. Open the chest to obtain a Giant Ancient Core.
- Then, just after the chest, continue ahead and talk to the monk and claim your Spirit Orb!
The Kuhn Sidajj Shrine or Kuhn Sidajj’s Blessing is one of eight shrines in the Woodland Tower region. The other shrines are the Monya Toma Shrine or Drawing Parabolas, the Keo Ruug Shrine or the Fateful Stars, the Mirro Shaz Shrine or the Tempered Power, the Ketoh Wawai Shrine or Ketoh Wawai’s Blessing, the Rona Kachta Shrine or Rona Kachta’s Blessing, the Daag Chokah Shrine or Daag Chokah’s BlessingKuhn Sidajj Shrine or Kuhn Sidajj’s Blessing, and the Maag Halan Shrine or Maag Halan’s blessing.