One of the Shrines in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is the Mogg Latan Shrine or the Synced Swing. This shrine requires Link to overcome several obstacles on the path that leads to the altar, like swinging platforms and swinging spiked orbs, using Link’s Rune abilities and weapons to complete the shrine. This shrine may seem confusing and intimidating, but this guide will teach you how to complete the Mogg Latan Shrine, get the chests, and claim the Spirit Orb.
Link will be rewarded with Spirit Orbs for completing Shrines. The Spirit Orbs obtained can be exchanged for more Heart Containers or Stamina Vessels. As there are 120 Shrines all over Hyrule, Link can get 120 Spirit Orbs. You get to decide whether you want Link to have more Hearts or more Stamina.
The Mogg Latan Shrine can be found near the top of Satori Mountain, south of Hyrule Ridge and Ridgeland Tower (or west of Central Tower). The Mogg Latan Shrine is one of seven shrines in the Ridgeland Tower region.
Before descending on the shrine, make sure Link has a couple of bows and arrows to use as they are needed to complete certain parts of the shrine.
Upon entering Mogg Latan Shrine, you will see that the path is a couple of floating platforms that can only be reached using the swinging metal platforms. There are also a couple of chests visible in the distance. To complete this shrine, this is what Link must do:
- Head forward and jump towards the swinging metal platform to ride it when you get near Link’s platform. Then, when it swings and reaches the next platform, jump (and glide if necessary) towards it.
- Next, there will be another metal platform to cross to the next floating platform, but this metal platform is stationary. To cross, press the up directional button, select the Magnesis Rune ability, press the L button to aim, activate it on the metal platform, pull it towards the platform or the opposite side, and press the B button to let go. This will cause the metal platform to swing in one direction. Jump towards the now swinging metal platform to ride it. Then, when it swings and reaches the next platform, jump towards it.
- After that, continue on the path, and there will be a gap to the next platform with the bridge to get to it being held up by rope. Shoot the rope with Link’s bow and arrow to drop the bridge down and cross it. If you have the Master Sword and Link’s health is full, you can also use the blast from the Master Sword by holding the R button to cut the rope above that is holding the bridge.
- Then, the path will be divided into two, with the correct path to the altar on the left. However, there is a chest you can break open. Open the chest to obtain a Forest Dweller’s Spear.
- Next, continue on the path, and there will be a few spiked metal orbs hanging and blocking the path. To cross this, use the Magnesis Rune ability to “hold” one of the spiked metal orbs away from the path and cross it. Do this to the next couple of spike metal orbs. Be careful when letting go of the spiked metal orbs, as letting go of them while away from Link will cause them to swing towards Link and hit him, resulting in Link falling off the platform. Put them back to where the chain holding the spiked metal orbs is straight so that when you let go, it will not swing, or put them in a position where if you let go, they will swing side to side and will not hit Link.
- After the third spiked metal orb, the path will be divided into two, with the correct path to the altar on the right. However, there is a chest behind another spiked metal orb on the path on the left. Open the chest to obtain a Forest Dweller’s Bow.
- Continue on the path to the altar, and you will see several metal platforms that can be moved in one direction. Use the Magnesis Rune ability to pull the closest metal platform. Pull it until it reaches the end, then quickly get on it as it will start to slide back once you let go of the Magnesis Rune ability.
- Pull the bottom metal platform towards Link, get up on it, pull the next one towards Link, get up on it, pull the next metal platform towards Link, and get up on it. Once it reaches its end, Link will be closer to four more metal platforms. The goal here is to create a flight of stairs using the metal platforms.
- Before pulling the last metal platform, jump and glide down to the platform with a chest just below. Open the chest to obtain a Gold Rupee (300 Rupees).
- After that, pull the bottom metal platform again using the Magnesis Rune ability, get up on it, pull the next one towards Link, get up on it, get up on the third metal platform if possible, pull the last metal platform, and get up on it to get to the platform with the ramp and a switch.
- Next, you will see a switch, and up the ramp, there are a bunch of leaves that also scale up the metal door that is locked by a plank of wood. There are several ways to overcome this: you can hit the switch, and two lanterns will fall and hang from the ceiling near the metal doors, and you can use the Magnesis Rune ability to let it swing from side to side. Once it is near the leaves, use the Stasis Rune ability to freeze it in time, and, here, you can shoot an arrow on its rope, so when the timer for the Stasis runs out, the lanterns will fall on the leaves, or you can set the leaves on fire by shooting a Fire Arrow or striking it with a Flameblade or Fire Rod.
- After that, the wood locking the doors will burn down, and you can open the huge metal doors. Push the metal doors using the Magnesis Rune ability.
- Finally, you can now go to the altar, talk to the monk, and claim your Spirit Orb!
The Mogg Latan Shrine or the Synced Swing is one of seven shrines in the Ridgeland Tower region. The other shrines are the Toh Yahsa Shrine or the Buried Secrets, the Zalta Wa Shrine or the Two Orbs to Guide You, the Shae Loya Shrine or the Aim for the Moment, the Maag No’rah Shrine or Maag No’rah’s Blessing, the Sheem Dagoze Shrine or the Moving on Parallel, and Mijah Rokee Shrine or the A Modest Test of Strength.