One of the Shrines in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is the Ya Naga Shrine or Shatter the Heavens. This Shrine requires Link to, as its name suggests, use the Remote Bomb Rune ability to destroy the breakable concrete blocks that are high up on the ceiling of a room to reach the altar. This Shrine may seem complicated and confusing, but it is quite simple. In this guide, you will learn how to complete the Ya Naga Shrine, obtain the chest inside, and claim a Spirit Orb.
Link will be rewarded with Spirit Orbs for completing Shrines. You can exchange the Spirit Orbs you get for Heart Containers or Stamina Vessels. Since there are 120 Shrines all over Hyrule, Link can obtain 120 Spirit Orbs. You get to decide whether you want Link to have more Hearts or more Stamina.
The Ya Naga Shrine can be found at the bottom of a pit in the middle of Hylia Island. You can find this to the west of the Bridge of Hylia in the middle of Lake Hylia (Lake Hylia can be found just southeast of the Great Plateau). The Ya Naga Shrine is one of six in the Lake Tower region.
Shatter the Heavens
Upon entering the Ya Naga Shrine, you will see a flight of stairs with a machine at the top with a block of concrete. On both sides of the concrete block are sets of stairs. To complete this Shrine, this is what you must do:
- Go up the flight of stairs. When you reach the top, you will find a funnel just below the concrete block. Press the up directional button and select the spherical Remote Bomb Rune ability. Then, press the L button to conjure one up, and press A to drop it on the funnel.
- Next, go up on either set of stairs that lead to the top of the block of concrete. Press the up directional button and select the cube-shaped Remote Bomb Rune ability. Press L to conjure one up, and press A to set it down on the top of the block of concrete.
- After that, go back down and move to an area where you can look up and see the breakable concrete blocks on the ceiling.
- Then, while still looking at the breakable concrete blocks in the ceiling, press the up directional button and select the spherical Remote Bomb Rune ability (which should be blinking as you have an active spherical Remote Bomb under the solid concrete block). Press the L button to detonate it and send the solid concrete block up. Then, once it is near the top, quickly press the up directional button again to select the cube-shaped Remote Bomb Rune ability (which should also be blinking because you have an active cube-shaped Remote Bomb at the top of the solid concrete block). Then, quickly press L to detonate it and destroy the breakable concrete blocks in the ceiling. You must be able to destroy many breakable concrete blocks to create an opening. This step must be done with the right timing, so do not worry if you do not get it the first time. Simply do steps 1 to 4 again until you get the timing right.
- Next, after the solid concrete block drops down again, press the up direcional button, select the spherical Remote Bomb Rune ability. Then, press the L button to conjure one up, and drop it again on the funnel by pressing the A button.
- After that, go back up to the top of the solid concrete block and face the right side of the room. Press the L button to detonate the Remote Bomb and send the solid concrete block back up to the ceiling, but this time, with Link on it.
- Once it hits its peak, Link will also be thrown up to the air, so immediately press the X button to paraglide. You will find a platform with a chest in front of Link, so paraglide towards it. Open the chest to obtain an Eightfold Blade. This platform can only be reached using the boost from the previous step, so if you can not reach it, simply jump back down the hole and repeat steps 5 to 6.
- Finally, on Link’s right is the altar and the monk. Drop down the platform, go to the altar, talk to the monk, and claim your Spirit Orb!
The Ya Naga Shrine or Shatter the Heavens is one of six shrines in the Lake Tower region. The other Shrines are the Ka’o Makagh Shrine or the Metal Doors Open the Way, the Pumaag Nitae Shrine or A Minor Test of Strength, the Shae Katha Shrine or Shae Katha’s Blessing, the Ishto Soh shrine or the Bravery’s Grasp, and the Shoqa Tatone Shrine or A Modest Test of Strength.