The Ta’loh Naeg Shrine or the Ta’loh Naeg’s Teaching is one of the many shrines in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. This shrine serves as a tutorial for advanced fighting techniques, specifically the Side Hop, Backflip, Perfect Guard, and Charged Attack. This is a very easy shrine to complete and in this guide, you’ll learn how to complete the Ta’Loh Naeg Shrine and obtain the chests.
Link will be rewarded with Spirit Orbs for completing Shrines. The Spirit Orbs obtained can be exchanged for more Heart Containers or Stamina Vessels. As there are a total of 120 Shrines all over Hyrule, Link will be able to get a total of 120 Spirit Orbs. You get to decide whether you want Link to have more Hearts or more Stamina.
The Ta’loh Naeg Shrine is located just above Kakariko Village (northeast of West Necluda, south of Lanayru Wetlands). This shrine is the one closest to Kakariko Village and the shrine to fast travel to if you want to go to the village. The Ta’loh Naeg Shrine is one of nine shrines in the Dueling Peaks Region.
Ta’loh Naeg’s Teaching
Upon entering the shrine, you will see that Link will be in a big room, and just up ahead is the altar but the gate to access it is closed. Then, near Link, there are two chests, one on the left and one on the right.
To complete this Shrine, this is what Link must do:
- First, open the chests on the left and right to obtain an Eightfold Blade (from chest on the left) and a Shield of the Mind’s Eye (from the chest on the right). Although not necessary (Link can use any weapon and shield), Link can use these items for the tutorials that are about to happen.
- After that, a Guardian Scout equipped with a sword will emerge from the ground in the distance and the tutorial will commence.
- The first tutorial will be the Side Hop which can be performed to evade an enemy’s attack. To perform the Side Hop, go near the Guardian Scout, hold down the ZL button to target and focus on the enemy, then, when the Guardian Scout is about to attack, strafe to the left or right while pressing the X button to jump and Link will perform a Side Hop. Performing a Side Hop will create an opening to attack the enemy. If done at the right time, however, you will be able to perform a Flurry Rush by repeatedly pressing Y on the prompt.
- After that, the next tutorial will be the Backflip which can also be used to dodge an enemy’s attack. To perform a Backflip, hold down the ZL button to target and focus on the Guardian Scout, then, when the enemy is about to attack, backpedal or move backwards and press the X button to jump and Link will perform a Backflip. This will also create an opening to attack the Guardian Scout. Again, if done at the right time, Link will be able to perform a Flurry Rush by pressing Y repeatedly on the prompt.
- Then, the next tutorial will be the Perfect Guard or Parry which can be used to repel an attack. To perform a Perfect Guard or Parry, hold down the ZL button to target the enemy and ready the shield, then, press A when the Guardian Scouts attack is about to hit Link. If done successfully, the Guardian Scout will stagger for a bit and will give another opening to attack it.
- After that, the last tutorial will be the Charged Attack. To perform a Charged Attack, give Link and the Guardian Scout a little bit of distance, then hold down the Y button to charge the attack and release when the charge is full (it will use up Link’s Stamina). Then, Link will perform a spinning attack that deals a huge amount of damage. Performing the Charged Attack successfully will kill the Guardian Scout. You can obtain its Guardian Sword and other Ancient parts
- Then, the tutorials will end and the entrance to the altar will open.
- Proceed to the altar and just right before the altar, there will be a final chest. Open the chest to obtain an Opal.
- Finally, proceed to the altar, talk to the Monk, and claim your Spirit Orb.
As mentioned above, the Ta’loh Naeg Shrine or the Ta’lo Naeg’s Teaching is one of nine Shrines in the Dueling Peaks Region. The other shrines are the Toto Sah shrine or Toto Sah Apparatus, Bosh Kala shrine or The Wind Guides You, Hila Rao shrine or the Drifting, Ha Dahamar shrine or The Water Guides, Shee Vaneer shrine or the Twin Memories, Shee Venath shrine or the Twin Memories, Lakna Rokee shrine or Lakna Rokee’s Blessing, and Ree Dahee shrine or the Timing is Critical.